Multi-Channel Campaign Brings
The American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) is an international trade association representing more than 1,600 member companies and individuals in the traffic control and roadway safety industry. Each year, ATSSA hosts a Convention & Traffic Expo for its members, public officials, and friends of the industry. The 40th anniversary of the event would take place in San Antonio, Texas, in 2010. ATSSA wanted to build excitement and awareness to increase pre-show registrations.
Curtis 1000 created and implemented a multi-touch campaign to ATSSA’s house database of members, public officials, and friends. Throughout all of the touch points, Curtis 1000 managed ATSSA’s database and removed records from future contact points as recipients registered for the show.
The email campaigns deployed for ATSSA’s 2010 Convention & Traffic
Expo drove very strong open rates:
- Save-the-date email with video: 25.32% open rate, including the follow up email.
- Save-the-date PURL: 26.68% of the recipients who opened the email visited and, of those who visited, 21% clicked through to the thank-you page.
- Pre-convention brochure email: 17.99% open rate on the first send and 5.99% open rate on the follow-up. Of the recipients who opened the first email, 16.01% clicked to open the eBrochure. The follow-up email brought in another 13.56%.
- Workshop brochure email: 34.46% open rate on the first send and a 14.61% open rate on the follow-up. Of those who opened the email, 7.01% clicked to the PURL; 70.9% of those who clicked the PURL link stayed through to the thank-you page, and 11.5% clicked the workshop information link on the PURL.
- When asked about this experience, Melanie McKee, ATSSA’s Director of Meetings and Conventions, replied: “This campaign reminded me of why ATSSA has a long history with Curtis 1000—great ideas with the data to back them up! We were able to assess the results of each element of the campaign and develop a new plan for the coming year that targets the best of the best.”